2.1.12

Call Me Terry



I bought myself a present for xmas. An album I have never actually owned before, because I have always coveted it and also its not available on SpottyThighs.

It's by George Harrison. My fave Beatle. His debut - “All things must pass”

I've already quote George in my blog last year but here's another goody:

For every human is a quest to find the answer to, why are we here? Who am I? Where did I come from? Where am I going?…Everything else is secondary”. CBS This Morning, 6/12/97).

In effect George said continually, that he was on a quest to improve the quality of his life on earth....... So am I.

Not my standard of living - although I'd like to remain comfortable. Which I am. I am far from wealthy in western material terms though neither am I any where near poor by the standards of the majority of the world.

I am however rich in terms of desire and aspiration to better myself. As a person and as a spiritual being (is that a soul?).

In 2011 I have stripped back some of my “religious” beliefs though I remain certain of Gods interest in we plebs, his creation. Now I will leave the arguments of such things as creation – indeed Gods existence at all - to those who wish to argue (that's not to say I won't chip in). I did a lot of moaning last year about what I don't like instead exploring what I actually might.

What I have discovered so far is that I actually do believe in God. My belief is obviously influenced by my christian past and by my absolute certainty that God proved his existence through the man Jesus whom he manifested in 2000 years ago.

A good question then this year, possibly might be why? It is an important question I think, not necessarily on a philosophical nor a theological level. But more on an adolescent level. Why would a creator god be interested? Why would an Almighty need to prove themselves to anyone? Aren't they already Almighty with nothing to prove?

My aim hopefully this year then is to try

a) to get closer to god. Not necessarily in the touchy feely kind of way of the “personal relationship” - isn't the fact that I believe in God rather personal? - but to be perhaps a bit more hippy in literally “feeling god” and “why” it should matter anyhow.

b) to encourage people to think about the possibility of god on a personal level. Not a christian god, not a muslim god. The flavour doesn't matter. If God has been to the effort of exposing him/herself to different peoples in different ways i.e. though Jesus or through “The Prophets” or even through nature to some, then there must be a good reason for folk to come to a god realisation.

If god IS, then I think it is important that folk at least consider it. No proof, no answers. Just consider that god might be. Truly consider, without outside prejudice and outdated debates, nor with off the cuff crap one liners.


You see the fact that I do believe means that either that I am a weak minded fuckwit tree hugger. A deluded fuckwit tree hugger OR a fuckwit who is right.

You may call me Terry (one for old Viz fans there).


Everything else can wait,
but your search for God cannot wait.



Paramahansa Yogananda




No comments:

Post a Comment